Congratulations on welcoming a new kitten to your family!
Owning a cat can be an extremely rewarding experience, but it is also a large responsibility. We hope this information will help you make good decisions regarding your kitten. Click on a topic below to learn more.
- Behavior -introducing your kitten to your other pets, acceptable play, socialization
- Stress Triggers In Cats and how you can reduce them
- Health -vaccinations, Feline Leukemia testing, intestinal worms, fleas, ear mites, information on spaying/neutering, pet identification
- Heartworm disease in cats - Learn about feline heartworm disease
- Good cat healthcare - Things to do at home and at the veterinarian to help your cat stay healthy
- Cat And Diabetes - What to do if your cat is diagnosed with Diabetes
- What is in your cat's Mouth?
Feeding -diet recommendations
Grooming -routine grooming, hairballs, and nail trims
- Scratching Posts - Do I really need one?
- Emergencies -how to create a safe environment for your kitten
This client information sheet is based, in part, on material written by Ernest E. Ward Jr., DVM.
Copyright 2002 Lifelearn Inc. Used with permission under license. June 11, 2007.