Is your pet’s breath stinky?
Why does it smell?
Did you know the main reason for that smell is bacteria/infection trapped on the teeth next to the tartar?
We are here to help at Taylor Vet. We perform routine dental prophylaxis, extractions and oral surgeries daily. A dental prophylaxis is not just scaling and polishing of the teeth; it also includes a full tooth and mouth exam by the veterinarian, post laser therapy and fluoride treatment as necessary.
Our knowledge and care can get your pet’s breath in tip-top shape (and keep their overall health in good shape too).
What set us apart from others?
Anesthesia- It is a necessary part of cleanings since a full and adequate cleaning can’t be done on an awake patient.
- We use current and veterinary specific anesthesia medications and equipment.
- Our staff is trained and always present with each patient.
- We are watching a lot under anesthesia! We watch blood pressure, heart rate, oxygenation, respiratory rate, temperature and your pets overall well-being.
- We check a blood screen prior to anesthesia. This checks liver, kidney, red cell and platelet counts before we start anesthesia.
- We used specialized warming equipment.
Dental prophylaxis -
- Trained staff remove tartar with specialized ultrasonic instruments and then polish teeth.
- We clean the entire tooth - inside and outside margin of the tooth and under the gumline.
- Each pet gets an individualized exam and consult with their doctor.
- If the need arises we can also treat different types of dental disease during the same procedure.
We treat our patients like our own pets. Nothing makes us happier than a healthy smile! Call or schedule a time to talk to us with any specific questions, 319-277-1883.